8/30/13 - Chemo Side Effects



Sorry for not checking in. I haven't been feeling too well. I've had a few side effects to contend with. On Chemo day I came down with a red face and chest. From what I've read, that seems to be a common side effect. I took a couple of Benadryl's and by morning it was mostly gone. It looked like I had a sunburn. The day after Chemo I felt pretty good. Mike and I even went for a 30 minute walk. I could tell my system was backing up so we walked in an effort to get things moving. Unfortunately, the walking didn't help! On Wednesday Robyn and I went to Sam's Club to pick up our Smartphone's. Yeah - I know, I finally caved. That trip pretty much did me in and it went downhill from there. The worst side effect for me has been constipation and stomach cramps. I've been told to take Senna in the morning and Colace at night but it doesn't seem to be helping. I've been drinking a lot of water and eating higher fiber foods, but I'm kind of losing my appetite. Robyn made a wonderful pot of chicken soup last night. I had a couple of bowls of that. Jeanne made my favorite split pea soup in these really cute individual serving sizes. I had that for breakfast today. I'm hoping the fiber will move things along. As most of you know, my biggest fear has been bowel and hemorrhoid problems considering my history. I'm hoping things will get better as this stuff works through my system. Right now it would be nice to go potty without feeling like I'm giving birth! At least when you give birth, you get a wonderful little bundle of joy at the end. I started my Neupogen shots on the 28th, as well as the Cipro. I get some bone pain with the shots, but it's not unbearable. I also broke out in a few hives after the shot but Benadryl took care of that. I've been good about taking my Zofran, so I haven't really experienced any nausea. It seems for every side effect they have a pill and for the pills that have their own side effects, they have more pills! I'm just a pill poppin' queen! Well there ya have it - my honest assessment. Aren't you glad you stopped by??  :) Hopefully I'll be back to my chipper, obnoxious self in a few more days.

Cheers,

Beppy

P.S. For anyone that has called - I'm so sorry I was not feeling well and was sleeping most of the day yesterday. I do appreciate you calling to check up on me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment