8/15/13 - Bone Scan


I had my bone scan yesterday. It was an easy procedure with most of the time spent waiting to get scanned. At 11 a.m. I received an injection of radio active die in my vein, at the same location they do a blood test. It stung slightly more than a blood test, but even that barely hurt. After the injection, Mike and I were able to go to lunch. The technician requested I drink as much water as possible, so I drank about 50 oz. during the course of our lunch. Pretty impressive, don't ya think? I returned at 1:00 pm for the scan. I had to lie on my back while the scanner moved above my body very slowly. The scan took about 30-40 minutes. Because I am claustrophobic, the hardest part was in the beginning when the machine was scanning my head. That part took about 10 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. I just kept my eyes closed. Once it passed over my head, I had the option of looking at the screen which showed my body parts being scanned. I could move my head, as long as I made sure I didn't move the rest of my body. That part of the test was pretty interesting. I saw all the areas lighting up and was a little concerned, but I do know my Rheumatoid Arthritis can cause that to happen. That about sums it up - pretty simple stuff.

My HMO Oncologist emailed the results late last night. Good news - no sign of cancer! How's that for speedy test results? Tomorrow is the echo cardiogram.

Thanks for checking on me.

Beppy :)

2 comments: