11/3/13 - Ultrasound Results - Stubborn Tumors


Friday evening I got my ultrasound results from my surgeon. First the not so great news - she said one of the tumors is slightly smaller and the other tumor had not changed in size. I was really hoping for a better result after three chemo sessions. I check the tumors everyday and I was surprised at the ultrasound results. The lumps feel very mushy to me and definitely smaller - go figure. I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being disappointed - but I'm still optimistic there are changes the ultrasound can't see. I guess it's better than getting news that they have grown. On a brighter note, the lymph nodes under my left arm are benign which is good news. My surgeon still wants me to have the Sentinel Node Biopsy during surgery. It's doubtful that I will have that done but I haven't ruled it out completely. She didn't mention any results regarding the right breast, so I will assume no news is good news.

My next chemo is scheduled for tomorrow. I have an email in to my Medical Oncologist to have a discussion regarding the benefit of one more chemo. In my opinion it makes no sense to keep poisoning my body if it isn't doing any good. I guess we will see what my MO has to say.

Thanks for checking on me. I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

Beppy




4 comments:

  1. That's a bummer about the tumor size, but so glad to hear about your lymph nodes. I will be thinking about you and praying for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm responding a little after the fact....I'm sure the prayers worked though :)

      Delete
  2. I am thinking about you daily - keep on track - think positive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. Now that I'm four months into the future I can say, keep clear of snow drifts. Unbelievable weather you're having. Stay safe!

      Delete