7/22/14 - Healthline Article - Understanding How Biologics Are Used To Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis



I got a request from Healthline to post this on my blog. Typically I don't endorse articles or products unless I believe it can have some benefit.

Healthline published an overview of a Consumer Reports' evaluation of treatments and medications for Rheumatoid Arthritis.  This is highly valuable information as it provides RA patients with an understanding of how biologics are used to treat RA. 


Due to my Necrotizing Fasciitis diagnosis while on Enbrel, I am no longer a candidate for biologics. While Enbrel helped my RA considerably, I fell into the 13% of patients that developed a serious infection. If you are a candidate for any of these medications, please read this article.

Cheers,

Beppy

No comments:

Post a Comment