10/28/13 - 4th Chemo Day - CANCELED

Me and the best husband in the world, Budly
Here we were all set for my fourth and final chemo. I thought I would get daring for my last one, so I wore my short wig. Off we went, the three amigos - Bud, Robyn and Cancer Girl. We stopped at Chick-fil-a in Corona for our usual breakfast. We started on the transition road to the 91 freeway when we got the call. The nurse said, "Your chemo has been canceled due to your Cardiogram results - we will call you later to tell you why." I was soooo close to being done. Well not exactly done, I still have to go every three weeks to have the Herceptin infused, but at least I would be done with the yucky stuff - Carboplatin and Taxotere. When I got home the nurse called and said they want me to have a MUGA scan. Before I started chemo my EF (Ejection Fraction) was 60. When they did the test on Friday it was 51. I'm hoping I don't have any permanent damage to my heart from this chemo regimen. They re-scheduled my chemo for next Monday, November 4th. I have the MUGA test set up for tomorrow but they are trying to get me in today. The good news is I'll be able to see the kids for Halloween! I guess there's a silver lining to everything.

I'll keep you posted with the MUGA results.

Staying positive,

Beppy

1 comment: